View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2024, 05:40 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
"Goodnight, Irene" isn't even really a Clapton song, right? It's an old folk song, first recorded in the 1930s by Blues/Folk singer Huddie Ledbetter (better known as "Lead Belly"), that got covered by numerous people over the years. I suppose it's possible it's a reference to the song, but it's not clear to me at all it's a reference to Clapton specifically.
Yeah, it seems like an odd connection. That said, "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" is also a Lead Belly song, but a number of people still associate it with Nirvana.
Again, I'd believe it's a reference to the song, but that's not what you initially said in this thread. Your initial claim in this thread was that it was a reference to Clapton specifically, and I can't find anything that would substantiate that. I did find someone in the Heroscapers Discord alluding to Irene's name being a reference to the song, but they actually didn't say anything about it being a reference to a specific artist, only the song. I'm curious as to why you're so certain it's a reference to Clapton, rather than a reference to a fairly well-known folk song that has been recorded by numerous other artists (and even showed up in Bioshock Infinite, which was released the same year as Clapton's cover).
I'm not certain of anything, as stated previously, but it seems like you may be missing something from that poster.