View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:57 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Army Judging Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Great thread idea, Neo. Personally, I like to experiment a lot with my armies, but one that has never failed me is the marro. Its' a bit changeable, but the base is pretty much the same.

The hive - 160
X1 Stingers - 60 (Yes, just one)
Tor-Kul-Na - 220
X2 Nagrubs - 60
500 points, 11 hexes, plus the hive

Fairly straight forward. All of the OMs go on the hive. Then, depending on what your opponent does, you can either use the Nagrubs to move Tor-Kul-Na (Note that while the Nagrubs need to stay within 12 spaces of the hive, Tor-Kul-Na can go all over the board.) or move the stingers onto a high ground. It ussulaly wins without much trouble. Of course, ahvign two sets of stingers would be mroe safe, so if you want to give up the tank for a smaller version, try

Hive - 160
X2 Stingers - 120
Su-Bak-Na - 160
X2 Nagrubs
500 points, 14 hexes, plus the hive

Same idea except that Su-Bak-Na is slightly more maneuverable and has hive supremacy. Because of hive supremacy, I think this one might a bit better, especially with the extra stingers, but the other one is fairly effective also.
The Hive can't activate nagrubs
The Hive cant' activate Nagrubs?
Quote:
After revealing an order marker on this Army Card, you may take a turn with any small or medium common Marro Squad you control before taking a turn with Marro Hive. Any figure that is taking a turn must be within 12 clear sight spaces of Marro Hive, prior to its movement.
They are Nagrubs, not Marro.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY