View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2019, 08:41 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Thanks all, those are good suggestions. I like the idea to add an additional thing to Disengage. @MrNobody I saw Rocket's special attack but thought it would be lead to avoiding the enemy in gameplay if Doomguy had a once per round ranged attack. Ideally he should be in the middle of the action all the time! Rocket's BFG has a short enough range that it might still play the way I'd like, though. Hmm, you know you might have convinced me.

@Lazy Orang try the most recent Doom if you like FPS games. It's a lot of fun. And there is an board game with figures of Doomguy and the demons, so it's within the realm of possibility for sure.
I'm not into FPS games (never really played them - much more of an RTS and RPG person) but I'm up for expanding my horizons, so... you never know! I have heard good things about the newest Doom, so maybe worth trying if I can pick it up cheap?

That board game definitely interests me, though - I know my brother enjoyed those games before I was born, so it might nice to do something with them.
If by any chance your like of RPGs extends to RogueLikes, I have a vague memory of there being an unofficial fanmade Doom RogueLike that was pretty well regarded by the RogueLike community.
I'm generally more a fan of narrative RPGs (got present playthroughs of Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, Baldur's Gate, Banner Saga 3 and Planescape Torment on the go right now, the last of which I'll be playing more of today and is probably one of the best games ever made. I appreciate the recommendation, though, and I might check it out at some stage.
Cool! I used to enjoy watching my brother play a lot of the classic pc RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Planescape, but I somehow always bounced off them when trying to play most of them myself. Neverwinter Nights was the closest I got, but I mostly played usermade campaigns for that game, never finished the included campaign.