View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Ulginesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
What if Ulginesh dies after activating the first wizard but before the second. Can the second one still go?

While the clarification in the original post doesn't explicitly answer this, it makes it pretty clear that the second wizard is activated after the first one has taken his/her turn. This means that the answer should be no. Do others agree?
The answer is no, but I think that you have the reason for that answer all wrong.

Once Ulginesh's power is activated, even if Ulginesh dies while that is happening, the entire power gets resolved. So a second Elf Wizard satisfying all demands of the power will be able to take a turn, even if Ulginesh is destroyed by the actions of the first Elf Wizard.

However, there's one small caveat on Ulginesh's card: before moving, the Elf Wizard taking a turn needs to be within clear sight of Ulginesh. Once Ulgnesh is removed from the game it is pretty hard to satisfy that demand...

Note that Kato Katsuro's power has a similar requirement, and I think those are the only two units in the game able to bond with multiple units in the same turn.

Ornak?

Back on topic: I like Ulginesh. I really do. His power is fun and interesting, but there are usually armies that I'd rather play(Nilfhiem/Jotun and Anubians).
The elf wizard army is one of my favorites, however, mostly due to its mobility through Ulgy/Emmi.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....