View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2018, 09:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Hahma . So the greenstuff molds worked pretty good to make extra bodies for the cultist sprues. I assembled and based the 20 cultists from the pack. The first set of molds made 7 more bodies. I assembled those. I covered up a couple more serious mold lines with the accent bits. They turned out great. I took a handful of heroclix and mage knight figures and with some greenstuff mods and bits from the sprue made 8 cool wizards. Ill make 13 more bodies use the rest of the arms on the sprue. Ill probably get 40 cultists out of the one box and be able to mod some 15 or more figures with the bits leftover. Ill take pics once im done. Way cool.
That's great to hear Trex! You have quite the system there with these kits from Norstar. Certainly getting your money's worth. Of course, that means you have that many more to paint

Quote:
I just looked over at what a GA crewman sprue gives as far as components go. It gives you enough bodies for 5 characters, enough heads for 10 characters, and enough arms for 10 characters. So it looks like I'll just make another 5 cultist body clones to use up the bits on the extra sprue I'll get with my Snakeman nickstarter. I've got to make 18 more bodies with my molds. Now to fully see what I'm going to do with the snakemen. I wonder how those sprues look. Very neato to see all the extra possibilities of these fantastic northstar sprues. All the extra bits do just enough to tie in other figures with these crew man and cultists. Love it.
Quote:

On the snakemen, it looks like there are 5 torsos, 5 lower bodies, 10 heads, and 10 sets of arms per sprue. Looks like I will be having 40 snakemen as well. How exciting. That means I'll have to make 20 snake bodies out of greenstuff with my instant mold. Crazy. Maybe I'll turn a couple of those snakemen into Heritors and Wardens with some other random bits I have at my place. @Hahma , do you know how long their nickstarters ship out after the thing is finished? I look forward to getting lost colossus, my snakemen, and Alterior motives.

EDIT: I'm so excited for you with your legion stuff. I will not be getting legion. I already have hundreds of SW figures in 28mm and really cant justify in any way buying legion. Closest thing I could do is somehow get a hold of the cards/dice/ruleset and play it with my 28mm figures. I already have built a board and terrain for a SW table and have figures I could use to proxy. I don't think my brothers crazy luck streak scared the other guy away from the game, and I hope he's done crapping horseshoes because I don't want my leveled wizards to die as well.
You'll have snakemen coming from everywhere! I look forward to pictures of both your crewmen and snakemen armies. If I recall correctly, it didn't take terribly long to get my Nickstarter once it was over. But then again, I don't usually pay attention to those things, as I figure I'll get them when I get them and have plenty to keep me busy otherwise in the meantime. I think I got mine a little bit sooner than my buddy Chris did, but he had the highest pledge level and had a lot more coming, though I don't know if that had anything to do with why his took a little longer.

As far as Legion, oye! Lots of figures and vehicles to assemble and paint. I know what I'll be doing with my hobby time for the next month The 6 new models for TWD that I got from Adepticon will have to wait, thought they are at least primed. I do have enough Mantic points to send to Mantic to get Abraham

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon