View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2015, 09:33 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Save your money and get King of Tokyo instead.
I like King of Tokyo quite a bit, but I think you will get more for you money with Dicemasters. You really need the expansions for KoT too in my opinion. The 15 dollar starter has a lot more play in it IMO.
We got KoT for Christmas and recently got the Power UP expansion (as in it arrived in the mail this week) but haven't opened it yet. My son loves that one as do I but the issue with that one is that it is best with more than three players and it's typically the two of us and occasionally my wife joins in for a third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I've played the first starter. I'd rather chew tin foil.
What particular didn't you like about it Q? I'd like to hear the downsides so I can make a better decision.

As for the collectible aspect...If we did enjoy this game I'd just buy a common/uncommon set off ebay and call it a day. They seem to be plentiful. Also from what I have found the character that appear in both sets have the same dice but different colors and since we would not be doing competitions reduces our need to "collect" dice.

We tend to avoid all collectible games. We've so far kept my son clear of the Pokemon and similar craze that seems to be common at his school.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.