View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: WARGROUNDS of SCAPE (WoS) - discussion thread

And thus begins my review of Mayberry.

Initial Thoughts
Right away I liked this map. I like the terrain it uses, aesthetics, and footprint.

Glyphs
Glyphs are located in good spots and I really like the overall layout of the side areas.

Observations
This map features a lot of play on both of the side areas, but also ranged support can up in the middle high ground. In some games, ranged pods can be really tough to deal with as they take very few OM's to set up. The isolated 2 height spots near the start zone road are prime spots for snipers to set up.

Final Thoughts
While I really do like this map, the road valley running through the center of the map is too much for me. Decisions on this map are far too easy and most games become a bit too much of a dice-fest, with too few tactical options available. The perches right outside the start zones, while only 2-height, are still quite effective at waxing approaching figures and pretty easy to protect with even a minor meat-shield. I really expected to be voting yes on this one, but unfortunately it's going to be a 'No'to induct Mayberry.

Despite the 'no' vote, it is not a map I would necessarily be upset to see in future tournaments. It is a good map. As I said earlier, I like the map. Just not enough to induct.