View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: A challenge! (aka Help a novice not get smashed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
If I could make a suggestion -

Steamroller seems to be pretty good in this format. It was near the top of my list. It also has very easy order marker management.
Really? Spartacus eats up too many points to take advantage of the melee starting space bonus. Dwarves could work, but Mogrimm is range, so that A) bumps you down two squads of AoBF worth of starting hexes or B) restricts you to Migol/Darrak. Is there another type of steamroller that I'm missing...?
Right but you only have to fight 16 range units at the most.
So all battles will be melee vs range?
No -

If you are ever going to take Steamroller to a tourney, A tourney where there's less chances of girly range units to hide behind rats is a great opportunity to do this.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G