View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Who's You'r Favorite Ranged Character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
When I think of Ranged figures, the first two that pop into my head are Archers:

Syvarris
The Elf Archer can be an amazing slayer with his 9-range, double-attack. Get him on height and start raining down arrows. He's fragile of course but you have to get through is threat range first.

Kaemon Awa
Quick Release for a solid double special attack is awesome and as special attacks can get around some defensive powers. And the counter strike is great for when the bad guys close in on you.

And I wouldn't underestimate Mimring. Range 8 fire-line! It can be played as a long range sniper or with a well-timed lunge it can wipe out multiple targets.
The first response is pretty spot on. The two archers are top notch, followed up by some dragons. Nilf is top notch with 3 attacks at range. Kind of surprised at the DED love, I have used him many times and never had much success. He pretty consistently misses for me and I end up feeling like I wasted an OM. For that same 60 points, I'd much rather draft Zetacron. 1 unblockable wound sounds sexy but double skulls often nets you multiple wounds for the same OM investment.