View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Demona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I think following Iron Fist's wording should be sufficient enough.
Quote:
FORCE OF ONE
Before attacking with Iron Fist, you may choose to either:
• attack any or all figures adjacent to Iron Fist, rolling each attack separately; or
• add 3 to Iron Fist's Attack number this turn, and while attacking, Iron Fist has the Super Strength special power.
I'd go with this:
Quote:
ARCANE PLOT
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell. Before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a spell, she has the Magical Defense special power and figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected.
My problem with this is that the card states she has a special power with baggage that we don't make explicit. Super Strength and Flying are symbols, and something we expect players to know without references. Magical Defense is not. I don't believe we've ever included a special power in that way and not explained what it does. (See the Mind Gem or C3V's Gem of Lava Resistance for how that would look.)

So we'd be looking at something like this:

Quote:
ARCANE PLOT
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell. Before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a spell, figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected, she has the Magical Defense special power, and when she is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds she can take for this attack is one.
Would that fight? The squeeze is already tight.