View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2019, 01:55 PM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 3 until 9/29)

I post my report here because, unfortunaly, playtested units weren't really used in this game.
When we choose army, we were agreed to use raptorians at 4 life and gas grenade at -1 dice

Map: Valledon Fortress (Valda, Wannok)

Maklar - Army: Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x3
Agent Ward - Army: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu

Which units survived?
6 Romans, MDG, MBS, Pat, and Isamu all with full life

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)

I go first with Romans while Malkar put everything on Vipers, they go fast and target my 12th. MBS start to shoot Vipers and romans to move and kill a couple of them. Vipers kill one 12th, some romans, took Valda and defend Wannock. I finish the round with 12th but only one can reach a viper and kill it easily.

The next round is full of romans vs vipers, vipers try to reach 12th while romans kill a lot of them with MBS, I also took Wannock. Vipers finish the 4 12th but it took a lot of attacks.

Once (almsot) all vipers died, I won initiative and start attacking Raptorians, MBS did 3 paralizing thing while raptorians did only 1 skull with 5 attack dice two times. With romans, MBS and some good dices I kill easily the 3 raptorians (without any luck on defense dice).

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
12th only took one turn, no grenades and only one attack of 5 (height + MDG) against a viper

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
I didn't expect too much from 12th against vipers, I think tey have more interest against Raptorians.
The fact that Maklar keep the Raptorians for late game but focus 12th with vipers was really good for me, they were less usefull than rommans against vipers. They have also a better defense so each attack against them was good for me, it was more romans to kill them.

I thinked that at every moment a raptorian could use a bomb attack to my heroes. With 10 of move I was affraid for MBS but he kept height and was safe

Moreover after the first two rounds the all the luck was on my side and nothing left for Malkar.