View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:45 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to C3G! Directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'd recommend one of the current C3G artists check out Photopea and see if it's a viable option. I know @A3n used it for some cards a couple months ago, so he might be able to give some insight as well. Photopea is supposed to be able to handle pretty much anything Photoshop can, so I'd be optimistic.
I used it for my own template to complete the cards for Matt Helm. It performed quite well. It did overcome the biggest hurdle other graphic programs (like GIMP) had with opening PSD files, which is the layer effects. I haven't checked the C3G template so I cannot say whether all the effects used in that template have been covered. But from my experience thus far I cannot see a reason to expect any issue there.

The biggest issue I had with the webapp was that I had to reload the fonts each time, however that since has righted itself. I am not sure how but thankful that it has.

So now there are only 2 major issues I have with it.
  1. The biggest issue, is that being a webapp its responsiveness is sluggish. So it takes a lot longer to do similar tasks to that used in Photoshop. Sometimes the brush outline will disappear & not come back. And tasks that require calculations often leave you feeling like the app has locked up. But they do eventually complete.
  2. File saving is handled like a download except that you don't have the option to change the name of the file & as such you will need to delete previous versions of the file & rename the newly downloaded file & also move the file to the directory you needed it (if you didn't open the file you are working from the directory you need it to be in). Also (& this maybe just that I haven't played around with this option too much yet, but) the save to PDF seems to not have settings options & seems to save everything large. A PDF that I created from an A4 sized document size I had to reduce to around 10% to get it to print on a page.

Other than these issues Photopea seems to perform very similar to Photoshop, even the short-cut keys.