View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2022, 12:48 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker
Re: Schismatic's Customs -12/23 *New Pak* Explorers of Mulfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
@KnightOfLight
Thanks for the feedback! I never felt quite finished with Sul but eventually layed the design to rest. Bringing up these points, I could see need for a slight point bump. 5-10 points? It was maybe 2-3 games in a row that I last play tested her where she banished a 200 point figure ha. Not good tests. Besides that, she usually could take on quite a bit, but with the 7 life, 4 defense I eventually settled on, she went down fast enough (without boosts) and not too quick, as I wanted her to be a sturdy (legendary) character.

There is an interesting pattern/dynamic that I started to notice when looking at the different Kyrie heroes. When you look at the ranged Kyrie heroes with double attack, Calibrax and Tyrian, they have 1 less life than the usual 5. There may be some background to this, but I think it has something to do with balance. For that reason, I could see Suls defense possibly dropping to 3. I do lean towards a double base with flying being slightly better than a single base without, but that only lets Quahon equal Suls defense, so… I’m not certain about a 3d 7l change on Sul.. maybe a 3 8.

Banish, I'm not sure how to factor into her value. As with other similar abilities, most of the time it would be adding some value without getting used, and then there are the occasional redemptions. It’s pretty close to Grabermund as well, except limited use, unlimited choice. Arcane arrows isn’t great unless there are multiple options in close range. A bit more of a squad counter. Yea, playtesting with someone would be great for less biased results.
Yes! Those are all great points, I think 3d 8l would be optimal, but I think it’s super close! I think because banish can only be attempted 3 times, it shouldn’t factor to hard into the point total. The best example I can think of is negoksa and keemoshi. Negoksa has a 5% chance to take control of unique cards, however 6d 5l is super tanky. He is 90 points, 5 move is average and 3 attack is slightly below average on heroes. Keemoshi on the other hand has a 10 percent chance, that is doubled, but still only 10%, her stats are not nearly as defensive as negoksa’s, 4d 4l is quite frail, and while you do get 4 attack, and toxic skin, in my opinion, the best thing about those characters is getting a mindshackle off which is hilarious. And on average because of how long negoksa can last, his 5% chance should happen more often because you roll more times than keemoshi. All that to say point wise one is 90, one is 130, I do not understand why keemoshi is 130, if I were to play mindshacke I would never use keemoshi. Strong abilities can only do so much when your stats don’t matchup, and the same can be said from the other spectrum. I guess what I’m trying to say is that good specials plus good stats is a strong character! 200 points or 195 would also work in my opinion, one nice thing is the lack of synergy, Braxas is so scary because of green scales, because Braxas whiteout a screen can die really fast! But Braxas with a screen can kill tons! She is very simpler to sul, similar range, similar scare factor, and similar points! I hope that makes some semblance of sense.