View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2016, 12:36 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart
Re: Good threads regarding casual play?

I think some of you missed my point, or maybe I made it badly but basically I am with you Lord IVD, I'm not confused about this, I'm just asking to see where there might be more threads of others talking about it. Maybe its like the other guy said, its harder to write stuff about casual play? Seems weird to me, I love reading stuff on other sites about families making games up with their kids, posting photos and session reports, ways theyve made armies out of what they had. I'm not dissing "competitive" play or "tournament" play, its just that for me, right now, my kids are so young that it really is an utter waste of time to worry about army synergies and buying 5 squads of this or that to "do it right", they just like the cool looking minis stomping round the board, and slowly they are seeing how dice rolling works and how a game might come of it.

I was more just looking as to whether maybe I'd missed a whole stickied thread or group or sub forum or web page where other people post stuff like that. I've found a few on other sites, I just expected this site to have more, but it seems like the content here is more driven towards "non casual play".

No criticism was meant or implied! Nor am I struggling to work out how to enjoy the game, in many ways I've been thinking about and playing "Heroscape" in other forms all my life, havent we all made up d6 based minis on a grid games since we were kids? I know I have. This thread is not "help me I dont know what to do with the stuff I have", its more like "where is more stuff posted by moms and dads enjoying their 5 year old running round the house threatening you with Tor Kul Na"