View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2015, 12:33 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The NYC Gang Of Four Plays "Balance of Power!"

Well met!

The NYC Gang of Four played two games of Balance of Power! on Wednesday, 4/29, on Nadi's Vault of Splendor. Thanks to chas for hosting this event, and building the map.

The teams for both games appear below:

kolakoski (all C3G)

The New Avengers
380 Enchantress
285 Scarlet Witch
245 Scarlet Spider
240 Captain America
150 Hawkeye
150 Moon Knight
50 Atom
1,500, 7 spaces

Taeblewalker
(all C3G)

430 Thor
330 Karnilla
270 Phobos
200 Living Mummy
150 Green Arrow
120 Firestar
1500, 6 spaces

Sherman Davies
(his cards)

380 Superman
370 Silver Surfer
320 Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
240 Colossus
150 Beetle
1460, 5 spaces

chas
(all C3G)

The Graduated
450 Sersi
355 The Mask
290 Silver Banshee
240 Titanium Man
150 Fire
1485, 5 spaces

The first game was a total disaster for me from beginning to end. Most notable, after an over extended Captain America's destruction, was my auto-Wounders' failure to roll 9 or better for at least the first [was it 14, 16 or 21, guys?] attempts.

chas spent most of the game in conflict with Taeblewalker's Thor, who charged directly into the midst of chas' army.

Taeblewalker
was the clear winner from the get go, although chas finished a strong second, due to the survival of most of his units.

Seeing how quickly and aggressively my opponents reached me, and each other, in the previous game, I set up on and around the nearest tower.

Taeblewalker's
Thor charged into the midst of my army this time.

However, Scarlet Witch Cursed him early, denying him the ability to fly for several turns, during which he took extreme-height damage from an Enchanted Hawkeye.

Enchantress keeps her hair up.

Once he arrived, he
seriously Wounded Captain America with his once-per-game Special Attack before finally falling from attacks from multiple opponents.

Scarlet Spider scrum

Moon Knight dropped in later.

Other than an early rush to the center by Scarlet Spider, to tie up a number of units, and an ill timed drop of Moon Knight, who served only to soak up some of Sherman's attacks, my army remained on and about my tower until the end of the game.

Enchantress'
Last
Stand

chas'
Sersi (450 points, 7 Life, 4 Defense and Regeneration) was the Golden Goose of points (64 per Wound) for Hawkeye, making him my MVP and me the winner of the game, in spite of having zero points remaining on the map at the end.

Last edited by kolakoski; May 2nd, 2015 at 05:55 PM.