View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Mogrimm Forgehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Yeah - X Marker FTW.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that he got that Initiative power. I had that in my mind as a Capuan thing - one of the things that made them special and worth their points. Now its like "Why don't I just play Dwarves/Mogrimm and get 4 figures in my squad, and more squads/heroes?"
There are a finite number of Special Powers or Attacks that don't break the game. I'm betting the easy, most obvious ones have been already given out to single units. For the sake of balance, I believe that a viable plan would be to focus on using various combinations of existing Specials to create more complex chracters within a given theme. I believe that Thorgrimm (and his popularity) is an example of the kind of unit such a plan would produce. His particular combination of Specials is wonderfully thematicized. He is so ! Sorry Sparty, Heroes are more sophisticated now than they were when you were created. Again, gargantian kudos to the creative team of designers, playtesters, et al.