View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I'm looking to get a 3D printer now. There's so many out there that I'm not sure where to start. White Knight, I believe I read that you have an Ender 3 - would you recommend that one? Amazon reviews seem to be solid but for all I know there may be better/easier ones.
The Ender 3 is a great printer, especially for the price, but it does take some tweaking and has some known issues that pop up now and then. If you can tinker a little and have some patience I highly recommend it. There are a lot of people who can help if you have issues.

If you have more money to spend and want something more trouble-free, I could recommend some FDM printers that have good reviews.

As TREX said, resin printers are higher resolution, but the miniatures are a little more fragile, and the resin needs some UV curing stuff and probably a vent for the fumes. Also the resin is more expensive ($1/mini compared to less than $.25 for an FDM mini).
I've been very happy with my Ender 3 (after the aforementioned tweaking). I have focused on printing larger, beefier pieces. I haven't had much success with small figures or those with skinny appendages (couldn't get a good Gungan Kaadu rider to save my life - fortunately I didn't need one to save my life). Though, some of that is likely due to my lack of patience and finesse when clearing supports.
Amazon and/or Woot! will run the Ender 3 for $160 - $170 at times. The savings will pay for a couple spools of filament or a glass bed and other accessories.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031