View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2020, 01:37 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: InfectedSloth's Gencon Battle Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
That plan was pretty quickly derailed with your first round of entirely Mezzo OMs. I was scared of Mezzos throwing 5v3s on to Chasers, and somewhat scared of the 4v3s onto X17 on the glyph as well. So I completely changed my plan and did something I hadn't done all tournament, putting X17 not on a glyph but on a hill where he could physically protect Chasers from the Mezzos. I knew I had no more OMs on him when I did this, and I knew you knew that, but I felt defending the Chasers from that angle of attack was that important. I only have 9 of them, and any 5v3s you can throw are brutal. You focused Theracus and X17 which was what I wanted from the play, but the attacks ended up doing a lot of damage to them which was bad.
I think you the correct play. Like I said I didn't see it coming and was more then concerned. You were just unlucky that my Mezzo's did as much damage as they did.

This was a game dominated by big decisions, but it didn't have as much tactical play. I feel we both made some great plays, but there was some sloppiness on both sides.

Quote:
I wonder if should have just stayed the course, and deployed X17 Theracus to Ulvania and then blasted and smashed Mezzos with Chasers and MBS on Round 1 OM2 and OM3. Mezzos can only die twice before they die for real, and I had 8 attacks of 4 (maybe a few less, but the same general point) I could have thrown at them. The scarier part of that route is I'm just not sure I have enough Chasers left to kill 8 Heavies, especially Raelin backed ones, and MBS is shooting at Mezzos instead of Raelin with this plan. It's hard to say. If I can blow up the Mezzos quickly enough to take tempo by the end of the round I think it works out, but I would just really need to find kills on them.
I'm intrigued. I think if you go that route it becomes a much slower game. Once you take out my range, Me-Burg-Sa can control the flow of the game much more. You're probably better off going the route you took. My Mezzo's are gonna put the hurt on your DCoT, and tie them up for my Heavies on round two.

Quote:
I'm only on OM1 after four paragraphs which says a lot lol. It was a good game, probably one of my favorites I've played, and changed a lot about how I play the game. Congrats on the win again.
Cheers pal
I consider you one of my main rivals in the friendliest way possible. We always have great games, and I feel playing each other through the years have improved both of our games. I'm looking forward to next Gencon. Your Dad better show this time!

The all Illinois finals was pretty cool.