View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2013, 12:14 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NorCal - Map Monsters in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I have concerns with the MM format.

I think the initial placement should be near the center of the map. Allowing it to be placed near one army gives the other army a huge advantage. The player that is nowhere near the monster can take all of his turns for awhile with just the monster and not risk any of his/her troops. If the player being harrassed by the MM kills the monster, the other player get to place it again in position to attack the original player.

Thus, a huge advantage comes from the first die roll and the placement of the monster. Considering the small size of the armies, that might decide the game right there.
Initial placement is before the OM placement and therefore before d20 for initiative.

But I see the concern. I will create a Map Monster Placement Zone (MMPZ) near the center of each map. The MM must be placed in the MMPZ if possible, then in the other valid spaces per previously explicated rules if it can't be placed legally in the MMPZ.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; August 5th, 2013 at 01:48 AM.