View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2024, 11:33 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Very interesting if the information about creating new units is true. To try to be fair, it is hard to understand how to create balanced units that add to the game publish worthy quality (in either classic or a new innovation) if creative team the team doesn't already have a lot of practice at making HS beyond 1-2 years.
I disagree to a point. While i've never been a big custom units person, I've designed a couple customs myself in the past, and used them, my friend/family said felt very balanced. I think anyone can do it. It's not rocket science. Didn't have to be on some sort of official Scape council or anything.

It is easy to get out of control, though, but so long as you have a couple honest playtesters, you should be golden IMO. Shouldn't take years to design good units, perhaps a couple months, but not years.

TL/DR version, I don't think it's as difficult to custom design heroscape units as people imaginne.
Please post those customs!
Sure, I made a couple units a while back, i'll see if I can find my old thread and post em for ya.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."