View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2016, 03:53 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HACCS - Heroscape Card Searcher Beta

Okay, as promised, I'm going to post some thoughts here as I try to start using HACCS instead of HCS. Nothing here is meant to be a criticism, of course ... I'm just offering thoughts on potential improvements, as I see them.

So, the first thing I've done is to log in. This was not available the last time I tried HACCS (which was months and months ago), so I thought I needed to register. But apparently my login from HAC is also used here—might want to make that more clear.

I then went into Settings so I could check "VC" and hopefully it will remember that. At the bottom of the settings page there are several buttons. Each button "expands" the settings box to a list of things I can check or uncheck. Problem is, I have no idea what they represent from just the Settings box itself, and I didn't see an explanation in the user guide either (though of course I may have just missed it).

Bigger problem: given the default placement of the Settings window, several of the buttons expand to push things off the bottom of the screen. Then I realized I could drag the Settings window higher on the screen, to give it more room to expand downwards. But now the box is no longer expanding. So the expanded options just shoot past the bottom of the box, and are floating above the info in the panes underneath the Settings box, which makes them super hard to read. (Although, to be fair, if I mouse over them, a background will appear behind the individual checkbox items, so I can read them by moving the mouse over each item in the list. But that's still sub-optimal, of course.)

There's also no "save" or "apply" in the Settings box, so some folks might not realize that their settings are saved instantly and closing the box doesn't lose them. Contrariwise, there's actually no way not to save them, which I suppose some people might find irksome. Perhaps some sort of "revert" button? or at least a "return to factory defaults" or something?

That's all I'm seeing so far. I like the ranges of HACCS, personally—I think being able to put in "<=40" is better than having to put in "0" and "40" in HCS. Hopefully other users find that intuitive as well.

Great job, @Spuke Boy ! I'm looking forward to seeing the HAC features added in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V