View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:43 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Engagement question + more!

One clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsGrundle View Post
9) One last easy one while on the subect of airborn. Ok, so I have 2 engaged elite and 2 non engaged. I want to grenade. I know the 2 unengaged work fine, but does this mean the engaged ones get no grenades, or can only use them against the figure they're engaged with? ( i know, not the best strategic decision, but is it allowable)?
I had to look this one up, so it was the most difficult one you had here. You said it was easy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
- GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK : Optional Attack
When you use the Grenade Special Attack power, does each Airborne Elite have to lob a grenade if they have an enemy in sight?
No. They don't have to. But if one uses his grenades, they all have to use them. You can't split it up across turns. (Hasbro FAQ)
So the answer is, you can still throw the grenades, but you can also choose to shoot with the engaged ones (to save themselves) and grenades with the others. The ability is a "use it or lose it"type of skill, if one AE lobs a big one and the rest choose not to, then you cannot throw again.

I'm sure some other member could tell you were in all the rule books that all is, but it's to late for me to do all that searching. In all honestly, I think it would be the same amount of work if not more to do that.
To clarify (or correct?), the engaged AE cannot use their regular attack. They must either use grenades against figures they are engaged with (which is totally legal, but they could wipe themselves out) or forego attacking. From the Book:

Quote:
- GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK : Optional Attack
When you use the Grenade Special Attack power, does each Airborne Elite have to lob a grenade if they have an enemy in sight?
No. They don't have to. But if one uses his grenades, they all have to use them. You can't split it up across turns. (Hasbro FAQ)

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!