View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2021, 12:12 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: TAF's Customs THE TWO TOWERS - HEROES OF THE DEAD MARSHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex
I suppose a question I have is how does this interaction with current versions of Climb x2/3?
It makes that figure super, super tall, which probably won't matter much since their movement will likely run out before their height. It'd make them be able to drop down safely from quite a height, though I'm not sure if ceasing to climb down and dropping disables both powers since it only applies while climbing Since none of the Hobbits have Climb X2 despite their short height, it won't be a factor anyway.

Quote:
Marsh Spectre - I like this card thematically a lot, except the part where it lava dunks figures XD and counting the minimum number of spaces seems to work out well here. I think the only suggestion I'd have for it is allowing the opponent to be the one moving the figure.
There shouldn't be lava in the Dead Marshes, and even if you were playing on a competitive map with drafted armies it would still be moderately difficult to set up a lava dunk simply because the Specter is so slow to move into a suitable position. There'd need to be lava close to your Start Zone.

Comparatively it'd be much easier to cheese if the figure's controller got to move them. It'd take a lot more wording to get around just moving the figure back and forth and generally only ending up one space closer by the end to satisfy the condition. In the end the lava-dunking version proved simpler, and you can already do it with Official units thanks to the Mind Flayer Mastermind.

Quote:
Was the intent to have figures take a leaving engagement hit and then STILL not be able to shake the wraith?
Yes. The Wraiths do not stop the attack until something forces them to (like Gandalf or the eagles for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn
I will do my best to write more feedback at a later date, when I’m not buried under a mountain of work, but I want to say I love love love what you’ve done with these customs. Adapting Soundwarp’s additional generals to the task is an excellent solution to the problem of Middle-Earth being more complex than Valhalla, and the powers, the theme, they’re just on-point. I can’t wait to bust these out for a LotR scenario one day. I’d +rep, but I’m out of ammunition.
Thanks, any comment on a creator's thread gets that dopamine pumping so I much appreciate it Soundwarp's generals do greatly ease the faction-to-general decision making. I'd have a very hard time placing the Isengard faction under any flag but Ozirael for example--nothing else feels right. Stay tuned for further updates

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT