View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2020, 09:47 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Hey, those prints look pretty great!
I got to do a second print of all the more expensive squads. The spiders are one that definitely need printing without the base, I lose a few legs trying to remove the supports. I'm thinking about giving this photogrammetry a try. I have not read through all on this thread, is that what was used for these? If so it's pretty impressive. You do need to prep a photo space somewhat though, right?
Yes, I used photogrammetry and a free program called 3DF Zephyr Free.

The two most important things to get a good scan are
1) good lighting
2) some kind of background

For the background, I use a Heroscape map of Valhalla, but magazine pictures work as well.

You'll need to take 40-50 pictures around the figure. A cell phone can be used, but I use a canon SLR camera and put it on fixed focus. I also use a motorized turntable and a camera trigger so I can start the scan and come back in few minutes after it's done.

A computer with a good graphics card will make the 3D model generation a lot faster--for me, a good model on ultra mode takes about 12 hours on my computer.

After that, the scans need to be cleaned up a little. That's the time consuming part. I remove the background and then try to smooth out/fix any holes.