View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:20 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Tornado - Design phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
After reading the bio, I think the class should be Champion. I like that class for what I know of the character too.
I like combining the first two powers, but I think there's still a bit too much overall power text on the card.
This isn't going to be popular, probably, but I really don't like the HIGH VELOCITY MOVEMENT 12 defensive power ... I guess I can see the theme behind it, but mechanically it's a pretty mundane D20 defensive power. I think it'll make him insanely powerful when combined with his high life and OK defense and all of his offensive/movement potential. I'd rather see his base defense go up to 5, maybe 6, and drop that power and keep the other two (including the first one that's a combo of the current first two powers).
There still might need to be a discussion about how we want to use move versus place, but I think getting it down to two powers would be a move in the right direction.
I know the defensive power is one off your own card, so you're probably fairly close to it, so I do apologize. I just don't find it all that interesting compared to the rest of the write up and I really feel it can (and should) be easily folded into his stats.
I had Champion also as that's what I had for my own card, but when typing the bio up I realised that he was the loser in both fights, so I quickly dropped that.

I can drop the defensive power, I don't want to combine the Tornado Winds with the SA though because then he wouldn't have the effect on his normal attack & really it should be every attack he makes because that's how he attacks I was going to include leaving engagement attacks also but I thought that was too much.

I was thinking that just using place might solve the move issues so I will try re-wording that shortly.

Cheers