View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:54 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Re: Feekonea's custom cards (..and would need a lil help ple

Ok, initial findings:

Desert Scourge:
Change "Men" to "Humans"
I'd definately restrict "The Hunted", as Rob said, to a total of 3 (or 5) markers on the card.
How many figures in the squad? If 4 - up the cost to 90. If 3 - thats cool. If 2 - give them an additional defence (up to 3) and reduce cost to 60.

Nice idea; with work and cool figures could be a cool custom.

Zul:
For Cutthroat to be halfway effective, reduce Zul's attack to 2 (3 max); at 5 it's first hardly likely to happen, and second, if you roll 5 skulls, there isnt too much that can defend it anyway! As a goblin, he ought to be quite pathetic, even compared to a grut. I say, attack down to 2, points down to 50. Maybe defence up to 4.

Again, I actually like the cutthroat power. A quite original and nice ability. I do like this custom - hope the figure is cool

Grinaktakx:
You can remove "...when defending." from the Bretheren Leadership ability.
Other than that, I think the cost is actually quite fair. Nice stats, though I think 6 move would keep him in theme, and mean he's likely to get off a couple of attacks before dieing cause of his low life. Any suggestions I could make would be to make him a troll as opposed to a gobline - I cant see a gobline with 5 Att/Def! But a troll is understandable, and shove that move up to 6; and at 75 points, he's not bad.

Centaurs of Ehse:
Need to shuffle the personality text around to align it more.
I think 4 defence is way too high if they are Tough too. Reduce defence to 2, I think, maybe 3. Gallop is cool, I like that - similar to the Kozuke power, but cool. How many figures in this squad?
If you change defence to 2; id say 2 figs= 50 points, 3 figs= 75 points, 4 figs= 100 points. Needs playtesting definately though.

Troll Gunners:
All round a nice squad. Again, how many figures? Quite fairly priced; but id make them a tad more interesting and put a minor limit-break into the wildfire. Maybe up the range to 6, but make the target have to be in range of all 3 (or 4) figures? Or something like that

Troll Scabbers:
ARGH! UTGARS ORDERS! NO!!!!
Make it bonding and you have a useful squad. Reduce attack/defence to 2 (one or the other) and change the orders to bonding with Goblin, Troll or Trolticor Heroes, and 50 points feels ok for 3 or 4 figures. Is Soldiers the best class for them, too? Warriors maybe?

Ok, I know it may feel like I've ripped some of these customs apart, but the truth is, I like all of them. Each has a bit of flavour and "fun" to it, and some have some really cool abilities (I *love* Cutthroat); but im just trying to be constructively critical I appreciate it myself, so I hope you do, too.

On my command, fix bayonets.