View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2020, 12:28 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Nahiri, Fury in Stone (Public Feedback)

OK! Let's start in on Katryn, I've not played with her or seen her played yet but I've watched her develop a bit.

Starting with the left box, I think it is in a good place. I'm glad she didn't turn out to be a human champion, she has some distinction and isn't just another "Knights of Weston" option. Contributes to having her own identity. I think it would be fun to place her in a Devout army with Count Raymond and see if that leads to any interesting plays alongside the Cathar. I also think the Devout personality fits with the story that her character is trying to play, though Champion is a class I'm still mulling over a bit. Given the nature of her story I understand that we could consider her the "dragon's champion" but given her circumstances and the fact that she has no synergy with Zelrig specifically... I think I'd like to see it as Avenger a bit more than Champion.

At first I thought her point value was weird but given that her role is... a bit interesting to say the least, I think I understand why it is at 140. I'd be curious to try her and see if she is actually worth that much. The statline is pretty basic, nothing too crazy or exciting in it but it doesn't detract from the figure. Defines a more offensively oriented warrior which is nice.

The abilities are interesting and it immediately makes me wish she had some sort of unique bonding option so that she could trigger her Guardian thing more often. Though it shouldn't be hard for her to try and play bodyguard to a single figure with the way she lights a small group of enemies aflame with Zelrig's fire. She won't be affected by it which is nice, can still affect friendlies though which makes it so that her fire ability doesn't trip over instances where her Guardian ability will be more favorable. The "size" ability is nice, gives her protection against a few things in the game to include being repositioned and auto killed by stuff. Very hardy towards a few powers that usually troll the medium sized heroes.

Overall, I like where she is at. The 140 for a hero that is going to be stand alone (no planned synergy) puts her in a weird spot because that means that she is technically peers with figures like Racheim, DW9K, Frost Giant of Moth. I don't see figures at this point range (aside from Sudema) get played very often unless they have some sort of synergy going on. I think this unit could be an exception if she fares well... meaning that she could turn out like Eltahale.