View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2019, 01:25 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

What I find interesting in Heroscape is the fairly stable meta units that exist and have always been strong. As mentioned some were just OP from the get go and there was little or ever will be any way to mitigate those aside from restriction or banning ala Magic. However others are just solid units that have never waned from the list.

D&D Miniatures through it's run found many ways to modify the metagame with very strong figures and combos that often took older ones out of the box and made them one of the stables of an army build. IMO this doesn't happen as much in Heroscape because of how the game plays differently and less overall units being released over time. There was more forced meta changes in D&D Minis because they were selling a randomized booster product so had to keep players buying. Heroscape you only bought because you wanted those units. Some were better than others, some sadly very overpriced (I'm looking at you Einar Imperium).

I can say that explaining to my buddy Dave who is still very new to Heroscape how much units like Raelin, Q9 and Rats are cheese that can honestly ruin the game is interesting. I've made him play things aside from that because it's better for him for learning the game. Some people like that one guy DS sounds like he hasn't learned that yet. It does remind me of the tourney back in Cali where only kids 10 and under were allowed to use Q9.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!