View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2020, 03:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Well. Im finally feeling decent enough to get caught up on housework and started cleaning my shop again. I found a bunch of extra materials in there and decided to add to my endor forest board along with a couple 3d printed ticalla trees that I painted and based for the start of my brothers jungle board. Also have a couple shots of the terrain I made for him with a taste of what the finished buildings will look like. I did up all these trees this afternoon after priming what was left of my unpainted legion and walking dead minis.
Heres the start to one of the buildings with just the greebles glued on.

All the terrain I whipped up for his ratchet and clank themed legion board

Heres how all the terrain will be painted.

Heres the trees I made this evening.
In stages of completion.
Tubes with holes poked in with pointed popsicle sticks with foilaged glued on the limbs along side the 3d prints with some foam chunks at the base. Also foam chunks in the tops of the tubes.

Next. Covered foam on bases of ticalla prints with hot glue and covered endor trees with hot glue texture. Base coated ticallas tan.

Finally, base coated endor trees in burnt umber spray, drybrushed the trees with shades of tan, khaki, caramel, and did the lighter palms with some ivory. Along with painting the palm leafs palm leaf green and kiwi. Also hot glued on some accent foilage to the base along side reindeer moss.(spanish moss works as well.) hit some of the moss with some lighter green paint and sealed it with matte clear coat. These are all based on metal punches from the metal yard that I work on equipment for.

You could say I got side tracked because the shop still isnt clean. Im also making my brother another 6 trees out of crafting materials but that will be later today. I figured I use up some of my materials instead of organizing more of it. These were fun to do. Got to craft with my daughter. She made a bedazzled picture frame for her mom.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo