View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2021, 08:11 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Statesman (Breathing Period)

I feel like there's plenty of designs where they're taking just one wound, even from someone like Godzilla. Superboy, Luke Cage, Magical Defense people, Omni-Man Invincible, and more I'm sure. I feel like it's not too crazy if he's covering Manticore and Positron, and just repositioning for other figures. I do like the non-adjacent restriction, I think that let's him swoop in for the defense, but you can't just park him beside his buddies. I'll cut the "Statesman is not engaged" text here, since being non-adjacent is enough of a restriction IMO.

I do like the direction of what you suggested! If there's more pushback on what I suggested I'm open to going the "absorb a wound" route. I do want the main theme here to be "Really durable guy that knows it, and will take hits to protect his teammates", and I don't think taking one wound really gets that across so I'd probably fiddle with it a bit, but the power is really cool. Here's what my Tanker is looking like right now ;

Quote:
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack and Statesman is not engaged, you may move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.

Quote:
TANKER
If a non-adjacent figure you control within 3 spaces of Statesman would receive one or more wounds from a normal attack, you may move Statesman adjacent to the defending figure. If the defending figure has the Freedom Phalanx special power, instead of placing wounds on the defending figure, you may place one Wound Marker on this card.
I appreciate all the support Jekyll!