View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Cookie Cutter Army Discussion and Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Marrden Hounds, Rats x2, Anubian Wolves x3, KMA (Loborocket, 4-1 and fourth place at the Fall Brawl) This one might fit better in "don't believe the hype".
Thanks for the tip of the cap Ollie. I think my army fits better into the "Don't Believe the Hype" category better than Marden Hounds/Deathstalkers. I used the Marden Hounds in this build as a "cruise missle" type attack. Sent out fast directly into the enemy lines in hopes of taking down some squad numbers and then stopping on a big hero taking some life from them While wolves waited for the "big roll".

Correction I only had rat x 1.5 (starting zone restrictions.)

I know I could have beaten Onacara's 10th that day too if it were not for 3 STRAIGHT rolls of 1 for Marden Hound movement. I never left my start zone.

Live by the d20, die by the d20.

In fact I came up with this army specifically to leverage the "luck" of the d20 after comment Ollie made in the thread about experienced players vs in-experienced players and the roll of luck. I have always had trouble getting to the top tier at tournaments. The better players always seemed to best me. This time I decided to try and level the playing field for myself by injecting a little luck into the equation to make up for my sub-par playing abilities.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo