View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:40 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Star Wars Custom Card template...

Some of my thoughts on the design that I made in Matt Helm's thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Two questions - why is his Attack stat line highlighted in red, and what's with the spotlight for his hitzone silhouette?
The stats are coloured as per the background colours they normally are on the official cards (Green, Grey, Red, Blue). I was attempting to make it look like the green holographic monitors so instead of having the separate coloured background I used separate colours for each of the stats text.

The spotlight is supposed to resemble the holographic projectors used in Star Wars. A little creative addition to add a bit of flavour - but if you didn't recognise it, I would say that I failed.

The whole objective I was aiming for was a whole new universe from Classic & Marvel Scape. Trying to maintain an overall thematic style whilst not drastically changing the layout. I saw this last part as crucial & the hardest obstacle in making something unique, but there are slight variations in the placement of the elements from classic scape to marvel scape so I took a little liberty here also.

Cheers