Thread: Price?
View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2015, 06:12 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Foundzing, may I ask what you believe would be a reasonable price, and why?
Short answer: Well I would buy this only for the 5 painted minis and the 6 poor hexes, so that's why I don't buy it. I think for 20$, from an used copy for example, I'd give it a go

But I still feel like the supply is not high-quality (except the 5 painted figures) and most of it is re-using stuff (I didn't touch the game tho I am not sure, but it's what I feel when I look at the picture). I am not an expert at all but I don't think manufacturing this kind of stuff is really expensive, but as you say I might be unaware of some expensive steps I dunno.

Usually for games the expensive price is more due to the design step than the manufacturing step (compared to other products) but here as 95% of the mechanics of the game were already existing I don't know where the cost really comes from.

It's not as much of a money hole as for example Magic Cards but I still think it's too expensive for what it offers.

Keep in mind that I'm not into board games at all (I think the last one I bought was something like 5 or 6 years ago), and the fact that they're incredibly expensive is a big reason for that.

I'm just a really hard person to please, like Aldin say, most boardgames fans will be happy with this price I think.