View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:43 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Gideon Jura, Combat Mage) - Design

He looks like he has a whip. I like trying to mimic Mortal Kombat's Scorpion's "Get over here" mechanic for Gideon Jura:
Quote:
Whip Pull: After moving, you may choose an opponent's figure that is 3 or fewer spaces away from [GJ]. All of the powers on the chosen figure's army card are negated until the end of [GJ's] turn. If possible, before attacking place the chosen figure adjacent to [GJ]. A figure placed with Whip Pull never takes any leaving engagement attacks.
If it seems to powerful, we could add a 20-sided die roll in the power, or you can remove the part about negating special powers and just do the pull, and I like the range of 3 on the pull but could go with 2 if pressured. I like that even with out the negating it gets through some powers like Cathar Spearmen and Engagements Strike, but would love if it got through more like Counterstrike and Scatter/Scurrry (which IMHO we should have on other figures in the AotP set). Again, maybe I'm trying to mimic Scorpion too much but I think it is a unique but simple mechanic that fits the sculpt.

As far as shield maybe copy power (but not necessarily name) from Tough from Gorillinators, Iron Tough from Iron Golem, Shields of Valor from Sentinals of Jandar, Evasive [1/2] from Elite Onyx Vipers, Warforged Resolve from Warforged, or One Shield Defense from Crixus. Personally I think using Tough (but work on SA) is best:

Quote:
Tough Shield: When rolling defense dice against a normal or special attack, [GJ] always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.