View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2015, 05:22 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Porting AotP Into Scape

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
I've been messing around with using the AotP cards and basing HS cards off of all of them, but nothing too serious right now. I'd love to see a C3-esque group get started up for those of us who want to use the figs for traditional Scape.
Unfortunately I have zero photo-shopping skills to create HS-esque cards, so I too am patiently awaiting some creative person to publish new custom cards for each of the Planeswalkers. The PW squads are not a priority right now especially since they are not painted.

IMO: I think the stats on the M:AotP cards can be directly copied onto an HS card format with General affiliation and background color are pretty obvious, but still being debated on another thread. Personally, I like the idea of them being able to summon one squad or allied creature in the same manner as Iskra summons the Retchets on a d20 roll or Kurrock the Enviromentalist calls forth the elementals.

Perhaps . . .
Gideon (white) could summon Air Elementals, White Wyrmlings, or a Dzu-Teh squad;
Jace (blue) could summon Water Elemental, Blue Wyrmlings, the Greater Ice Elemental, Shades of Bleakewood, or his own Leline Phantoms modified to have only one Life each;
Chandra (red) could summon Fire Elementals, Red Wyrmlings, Red Ants of Aunstrom, or her own Flamewing Phoenixes;
Nissa (green) could summon Earth Elementals, Eilan Sidhe, Venoc Vipers, another elf wizard; or her own Pummelroot Elementals if the Life of each were reduced to 1;
Liliana (black) could summon Zombies of Morindan, Zombie Hulks, or Thralls (Blood, Deathstrike, or Preyblood), Deepwyrm Drow, Skeletons of Annellintina, Tomb Skeletons, or Crypt Guardians.

What we really need is a dedicated team to play test the various combinations to insure that the Point Cost is comparable to traditional HS units in order for the blended games to be balanced and not introduce Marvel-esque Superheroes into the battlefields of Valhalla.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; August 13th, 2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added additional information