View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:36 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 10/3 with Teen Tita

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Hey these are some pretty sweet customs. It stinks that you hit this forum when everyone seems to be away and haven't got much feedback. I'll try to help...
Hey, I appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks.

Quote:
BATMAN
- I would change the wording on Strategist to be a little more concise and less awkward: "After rolling for intiative and before anyone takes a turn, you may choose any Order Marker on any opponent's Army Card and that opponent must reveal it to you."
- Grapple Line 3 should start "Instead of moving normally..." to be more official.
- Points-wise I'd say 190 is a little expensive. I think Spider-Man would hand it to Batman in a fight. Spider-Man has a slightly better movement ability but a little worse special attack. However, Spider-Man's Spider Sense makes him incredibly hard to kill. Spider-Man's a 4/4 so worse than Batman's 5/5, but I think Spider Sense makes up for it. I'd say drop Batman to 170 because of Strategist.
Good advice on the wording for Strategist. As for the Grapple wording, I took the wording from Spidey's Swing Line ability and Sgt. Drake's Grapple, which begin with "Instead of a normal move..."

I do agree with you about the cost (wouldja believe I originally had him at 210 points with the exact same stats and abilities?). I've actually already been testing Batman at 170 points after comparing him to Sgt. Drake (SotM), who's widely considered to be a fairly costed figure. I haven't been updating the pics every time I change something on the cards - it's just too much trouble. I figure I'll update pics when I'm happy enough to have a "final draft."

Quote:
CLAYFACE
- I might say "above or below" instead of "higher or lower than" in Pliable Body but that's just personal preference.
-Points-wise, again in comparison to Spider-Man I think Peter wins. Drop of 10-20 points I'd say.
Yeah, Clayface will be a tough one to judge, as is any figure with an ability new to Heroscape. I've only played with him once, so I'll definitely have to keep working with him.

Quote:
HAWKGIRL
- Good all around. Officer is a bit awkward though I don't know much about her. Probably would have used Warrior or Protector, or Lawman if I wanted Officer but to stay in line with officials.
I chose Officer because she and Hawkman are police officers from an alien planet. I didn't think of using Lawman, but I had plans for Officer Bonding when I designed her. I suppose changing all my Officers to Lawmen would help them fit in with regular Heroscape a bit better, not to mention Lawman Bonding might help them see more action. Something to think about...

Quote:
ROBIN
- 70 still seems a bit high, but Acrobat is a good power. I think against anyone with a special attack, Robin is going to fall easily.

Hope that helps!
Yeah, this version of Robin is presenting more of a challenge than I thought he would. Next time I playtest him I'll be trying him at 60 points, much like Shiori. He is vulnerable to special attacks, but them's the breaks in a superpowered world. He's meant more as a distraction for thugs and low-powered figures than as a counter to gods. (He's designed to be in line with the fanboy theory that Batman dressed Robin up like that to be a moving target for machine guns. ) I'm also worried that allowing Acrobat to work against special attacks would be a bit broken. Who knows?

Again, thanks for the input. It's given me a bunch to think about.