View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc
WOTC: Are you going to continue trying to expand the fan base of Heroscape or are you going to focus more on the current fans?

The clearest answer would be a percentage of importance you put on current versious new fans.
I know you may not want to be clear because this could be seen as a loaded question, and it is, but my personal loading is different from what you may expect. I would be pleased to find out that while we are an important concern expansion is your primary focus. I hope to see a day when HS is in a Monopoly type of game. One everyone knows how to play (more or less).
In line with this I hope HS always keeps a focus on playability. Yea, special abilities are cool, but in the end of the day the game should be and is simple enough that you don't need to read the rule book before having a good time. (Contrast with D&D.)
Importance of current fans to the game's success: 100%.
Importance of gaining new fans to the game's success: 100%.

We need both, plain and simple. To that end, there's a fine line we have to walk between accessibility (simple, clear rules), and keeping people interested (clever, new mechanics).

I think if more people got that concept it would make this thread a little easier on you.