View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2021, 09:32 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

ALL HAIL ISHMEL!

Scapers know the pure fun of playing good games with nutty things happening due to maneuvering, weird power activations, and the dice roll outcomes. This was a real great day, and we played from 1:30--8 PM with a dinner break on dungeon type terrain. Everyone brought great cards/figures to the table based on creative imagination, and the pregame drafts were part of the grand enjoyment. We left tired but happy after a great adventure on the table!

We played two exciting games of the old D&D Era Official Exclusive Scenario "Chaos In The Catacombs," modified for the online play onsite, modified again for us. Ish did a great job of setting us up for four players: Ishmel, Chas, Taeblewalker, and Sherman Davies. The group drafting made a large pool--about 14 cards per game were not selected. This was the last Wednesday Ishmel could play; we may play Scape on other days also in the future.

Thanks also to Kolakoski, not in attendance, for some of the customs used which I purchased from him recently! And for the use of his dice tray again that he left here.

The resulting armies for the two games after snake drafting from the huge common pool were:

GAME 1

Chas
Siege
Mika Connor
Dr. Dieuafoy (Ishmel Custom aka "Rachel Weitz;" glyph grabber)
Cal The Smuggler
Bol (never used)

Taeblewalker
Grabemund (playtesting for C3V)
Iskra
Rechts
Ice Troll Berserker

Ishmel
Rhogar Dragonspine
Arthur of Sherwood (glyph grabber)
Darrak Ambershard (glyph grabber)

Sherman Davies
Gothlok
Kumiko
Abu Sakhr (Ishmel Custom ala "Stone Guy")
Samuel Brown

Wandering Monsters
Asterios
Chen Tang
Cyprien Eisenwein
Drow Chainfighter
Isamu
Ogre Warhulk

GAME 2

Chas
Cyprien Eisenwein
Tandros Kreel
Arthur of Sherwood (Glyph Grabber)

Taeblewalker
Batman (C3V 200)
Venon (Official Marvelscape)

Ishmel
Locksley (glyph grabber)
Kaemon Awa
Major J15

Sherman Davies
Eltahale
Agent Carr
Cal The Smuggler
Dr. Dieulafoy (Ishmel Custom ala "Rachel Weitz")
Bol

Wandering Monsters
Ogre Warhulk
Heirloom (glyph grabber)
Abu Sakhr (Ishmel Custom aka "Stone Guy")
Kumiko
Othkurik
Darrak Ambershard (gyph grabber)

Chas Summary
We hadn't played with Treasure Glyphs (TGs) for quite a while, and this scenario was all about exiting the any of the eight available board with them; he with the mostest wins! In the first game, Ishmel and I tied with two off each. In the second game, Sherman Davies beat us all with three. Most of the TGs couldn't be used as they were temporary, and then wouldn't count as a VP. But once or twice their function actually came in handy, as when someone stole the Plus One Against Undead from my Cyprien and then used it against him!

In Game 1 the wacky teleporter Cal the Smuggler, who I brought to the party, and Mika Connor did most of the work for me. Cal is a lot of fun and worked well for me in a previous game on his first use on the table here in The Game Palace, and was perfect in a dungeon where teleporters could go through the cavern walls (empty spaces). Mike got a glyph and zoomed across the board on shadow tiles, one of which she placed herself to start her run all the way across the board diagonally!

In Game 2 I used the "Wandering Neutral Monster" Heirloom to pull two glyphs to him and away from the others after I'd already grabbed two others quickly! I was looking for the win, by scooping them up with Arthur of Sherwood, but Taeblewalker's 200 Point C3G Batman upset my plans like an expert!

For Game 2 we used my suggestion, since there were so many cards in the pool, that no one could reuse a figure, either as an Army Member or a Wandering Monster (a call by GM Ishmel). You can see that some figures got reused by other players. As usual, some were either never selected or saw no activation, while others were at the heart of the game.

Photos by Ishmel will be forthcoming of exciting moments from this day! There were many epic confrontations and tough brawls caught on camera.

Last edited by chas; August 6th, 2021 at 07:29 AM.