View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2016, 10:02 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
What is this.... "Reverse Draft"... you speak of?
Here's my explanation from the Gencon event I ran:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
To play in this event, bring an army of at most 600 points. A maximum of 18 figures can be placed at the start of the game.

The format for each game is kill 'em all, however, before each game there will be a reverse draft:
  • Begin with a dice-off. The winner of the dice-off chooses one of the armies (theirs, or their opponent's) and says they want to play with that army.
  • The loser of the dice-off either agrees to let the dice-off winner play with that army, or removes at least one figure from that army and says they want to play with it.
  • The players go back and forth, removing additional figure(s) from the chosen army each time, until one player passes and lets the other player use it.
  • The player who passes plays the army that was not chosen in the first step (at full strength).
Fine print:
Spoiler Alert!
There are more complex versions where you can put units back in as long as the partial card scoring total is lower than what you started with. I prefer that, but we can keep it simple if you want.

Or, again, bring 2 is fine with me.