View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2019, 12:43 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Well met!

Thanks for replying. My comments (within quote) in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Inspiration is still problematic. That allows turns within turns, always a no-no. You would have to change to it "after taking a turn with XXX".

No problem.

I don't really like it, though. The high roll requirement makes it not overpowered, but that just means that each turn requires a pile of rolling that usually doesn't have any effect.

I bet you don't really like Runa, either. Even so, we could go with

INSPIRATION
After taking a turn with Rania, she may use Inspiration. When using Inspiration, choose a friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Rania, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that Unique Hero. Inspiration does not affect Rania.

Similarly

EVIL INSPIRATION
After taking a turn with Sirenia, she may use Evil Inspiration. When using Evil Inspiration, choose a Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Sirenia, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that Unique Hero. Evil Inspiration does not affect Sirenia.

I agree with PK that 4 Defense + 1 auto-shield is broken good.

Elven Armor is dispensable. Would you replace it or just remove it? Although the name of the figure is Armored Elf Soldier (thus her Class), her armor could be seen as being represented by 4 Defense, I suppose, but would 5 be too much.

Soldier's Endurance is a good power, and Sonic Sword is cool, except the second attack is too much, especially when paired with Life Drain.

Life Drain is dispensable too, but only if Sonic Sword keeping its second attack is then viable. Sonic Sword comes from the sculpt. We play tested with it being a ranged D20 power. I'm way open to suggestion on what Sonic Sword might look like. For the time being, we'll do as you suggest.

It may be that Rania's A Soldier's Endurance alone may be enough, along with her sculpt, to warrant induction, but I'd prefer to give her at least one more Special Power. Her sculpt implies a leadership power to me, and I suppose we could go with an existing one (adding movement or attack dice to friendly units), but I like the idea of Inspiration. I don't think, under any iteration, there would be "a pile of rolling," and, of course, it would rarely work - that's the idea, although we could make it [17-19]-20. Helm of Mitonsoul rarely works either. Elven Armor would, I guess, be OK with a Defense of 3, but then, for stat symmetry's sake, I'd be tempted to reduce her Attack to 3 as well. So, which of the two versions of Rania below would you prefer (and how would you price them)?

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

INSPIRATION
After taking a turn with Rania, she may use Inspiration. When using Inspiration, choose a friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Rania, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that Unique Hero. Inspiration does not affect Rania.

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

OR

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Points ???

INSPIRATION

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

ELVEN ARMOR
When rolling defense dice, if one shield is rolled, add an additional shield to whatever is rolled.

Sirenia is more problematic as, although fine as is, i.e., with Life Drain and some form of Evil Inspiration, Sonic Sword is what will make or break this design - and I'm thinking the current version (with only one attack) can be improved upon.