Thread: Nintendo Switch
View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2018, 07:56 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Nintendo Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Crawl is an absolute blast of a party game to play, and it works like a dream on the Switch with each player using a single Joy-Con. It functions as a four-player dungeon crawler where one player controls the hero, and everyone else controls the monsters--whoever kills the hero gets to be him next--leading to frequent team-ups and hilarity as monsters work together to try and tackle the hero. Once someone reaches level 10, they can challenge the final boss, which is controlled by the other three players (for example, one possible boss is a hydra, where each player controls a separate head).

The game has been a favorite amongst my friends, and it contains a ton of variety in monster choices and gear that the hero can find. For anyone looking for party games, I highly recommend taking a closer look at Crawl.

ARMS, meanwhile, is a very unique fighting game with more niche appeal. I'm typically only a friend of party brawlers like Super Smash Bros., but ARMS' different 3D perspective and movement (along with the unique motion controls, which can easily be turned off if you don't like them), combined with its charm and colorful design, led me to try out the game. It has an initial learning curve, but after getting a grasp on the controls, it's become an absolute blast to dance through volleys of attacks and curve ARMS around to hit the other player, resulting in some very high-level plays. The game also has a considerable amount of content to unlock, since all ARMS can be unlocked and upgraded for all characters.

I figured that I should make a quick post about what has surprisingly been my two favorite games on the Switch, since most of the time I only see the bigger games listed. To anyone on the fence about these games, I highly recommend them, especially if you have people nearby to play with you!
Hah, @Lord Pyre pretty much mirrored my intended response to this. I too plan on getting Arms when I save up for it. I too have never heard of Crawl. It sounds pretty sweet and I'll be looking it up as soon as I'm done with this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I have a horse and we’re friends.
Hehe. I love finding and taming horses.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.