View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:29 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Preferences for New Fan Fiction II

An update: In case you didn't hear, my writing process was recently utterly and completely destroyed by some new information coming to light. After a week of panic, the process is now being reconstructed. I believe it's a lot better for the new information and will yield stronger fictions. There is, of course, one slight hiccup.

When the process was destroyed, all work on fan fictions came to a halt, along with everything else. In my attempts to redefine what worked, I turned to my novel, along with the best of my already-written fan fiction, in search of examples. The result was that as I am now recreating the process, I'm developing my first novel alongside it. Fan fiction has, again, taken a back seat.

However, there's more to it. Due to the nature of the new information that came to light, my process has been split into two entirely different types: one for standalone works and one for series with infinite (yes, infinite) novels. It's the series process that I'm working on. It's also the newest, and as such has not been tested.

While I would very much like to use it to write my novel, logic is telling me I should test it out here first and make sure it works. That of course suggests I will be writing a series of fan fictions.

I had not anticipated this.

At the moment, I'm looking into turning the campaign fiction I intended to write into a series of semi-short fictions. I don't want to write a long series - my novel is ready to be written. I do not as yet have a story for the campaign that would yield a series, but I will keep you updated.

~TGRF.