View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Actually that is a great question and I don't think AliasQTip, Cav, or Xraine understands it. Say the Sharwin Wildborn is engaged to a hero who is adjacent to squad figure (that is not adjacent to you). Obviously Sharwin must target the engaged hero, but then if after the figure is wounded (but not destroyed), is the Arcane Bolt allowed to choose the squad figure? Technically special attacks are only allowed to target adjacent figures, but like explosion attack or Mimring's fire line, other figures may be attacked in a special attack. So I think Arcane Bolt is like the explosion attacks where other figures may be attacked, as they are not really targeted for attack and still meets the limitation when engaged it means you can only target engaged figures for a normal or special attack.

I disagree here (bolded above). The wording of the ability says
Quote:
... you may choose a figure that was adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure with Arcane Bolt Special Attack ...
This puts the continuation to a second (etc.) figure as a separate attack with all the limitations that implies.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread