View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2009, 08:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Zetacron to B+: I've never really seen his appeal, and the numbers seem to support knocking him down.
EDIT: Zetacron definetly appears to be at the low end of the A- ranking. The decision to keep him where he is or to drop him down would depend on the final parameters for the A- category, based on his optimal armies' win rates.
I suppose I see where you're coming from, but I think the divide is pretty clear. Start by setting aside the ridiculously small sample size figures -Zelrig, Atlaga, Silver Surfer, and Venom. Among the rest, Zetacron, Skahen, and Sonya are under 60%, while Cyprien and Minions are the only other figures even in the 60s. Everything else is at 70% and above. I guess, to be fair, I should suggest dropping Skahen down as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Cyprien/Sonya to B+: This is maybe a trifle more controversial, and the sample size is small, but I think it makes sense in the current metagame. Maybe just Sonya to B+? Cyprien is 7-2 without her. Maybe those 45 points for a +2 d20 and a wounded cleanup figure aren't really worth it?
Interesting hypothesis, dok. Looking at the numbers, we see that Cyprien (No Sonya) is 7-2 i.e. 77% and Cyprien with Sonya is 12-9 i.e. 57%. He certainly is a variable figure who can be devastating against non-Soulbourg opponents. I wonder to what extent Cyprien's failing in performance can be attributed to his poor matchup against the metagame dominant Soulborgs... It could be that an army that doesn't invest as heavily in Cyprien (by dropping Sonya) leaves more room for "other stuff" to help address his Soulborg issues...
That's probably some of it. The only common matchup where Cyprien is really crippled is against the 'trons. Against almost anything else, he can generally find something to chill (Raelin, at the least).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
A
Blastatrons 65-14 (82%)
Gladiatrons 65-14 (82%)
With an 82% win record among top players, I think it's hard to argue that the Glads/Blasts are anything but A+. To claim anything less is bordeline deceitful.
I guess it's hard to argue with that, except by pointing out that, as you say, they're tricky to play well.