View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2024, 11:49 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Crimson Widow

Assuming Widow’s design stays the same, the Brute Gruts would retain their synergies since those all come from their species, not their class. That counter strike nuance is very amusing though.

Browsing through the list of VC and Classic unique squads, there are a surprising number of units that are “affected” by a class change although all of these come from the synergy of another unit rather than the unit itself. I think these are the units that could be “penalized” by having their class change:

The Sentinels of Grax (losing Concan’s Knight and Sentinel Enhancement)
Any Varkaanan squad (losing Arktos’ Hunter Attack Enhancement)
Airborne Elite and Morgan’s Riflemen (losing soldier bonuses from Marcus and Gen. Simon Fraser)
Zettian Guards (losing Warden 816’s Guard Leadership)
Elite Onyx Vipers (losing Venoc Warlord’s Scout Leadership)
Ninjas of the Northern Wind (losing Kantono Daishi’s Dishonorable Leadership)
Rechets of Bogdan (losing Dumutef Guard’s Devourer Attack Enhancement)

The notable difference between these and the Izumi is that the “penalty” only matters if you had brought the accompanying unit. And I doubt anyone would have wanted to spend an extra 220 points on an EOV/Venoc Warlord combo just to get them that extra movement. Rechets losing their Dumutef synergy made me laugh though. It’s tragic. The price they pay for piracy.

Last edited by ryguy266; March 26th, 2024 at 06:50 PM.