View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: A Points-Free Tournament System

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post

The question becomes: should you run a timed game (50 minutes) or a round limited game (10 rounds). I am for the second option, but that might make a tournament more chaotic as start time for each round cannot be predicted.
I think you would find that using a round-limited game, like you are proposing, would actually take longer to play than an actual time-limit game. I only say that because most tournament games, at least in my, albeit, limited, experience, are usually settled by about the 5th or 6th round, and that's usually about 45 minutes into the match or so. I'm not trying to harp on your idea at all, just pointing out some potential problems that could arise with it.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but perhaps a tournament setting isn't the best place to implement that idea unless you're using some funky rules like R˙chean's 'creeping fog' idea.

Again, just playing devil's advocate on the round-limited game. Personally, I like the idea, I just don't think tournament settings are the place to go with it right now.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-