View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: A Points-Free Tournament System

I don't have a problem with the 'draw system' could definietly make some matches that otherwise would not have raised an eyebrow, very exciting.

But, though I imagine it wouldn't happen very often, this system would invite for the occasional game that ended with both sides having units alive but one side severely out numbers the other, yet you only get a draw for nearly annihilating your opponent (a game where one side dominated but due to luck, good game play by the other side, or even stalling nets both sides the same result).

I'm not sure that would be an issue most of the time since if you have the numbers eventually there will be nowhere to run for you opponent, but pretty much every possible outcome will occur at one point or another.

Maybe add a stipulation where even though the scenario is Kill em' All, since a draw is possible, if both sides have units on the board at the end of the match if one side has 50% or more points (still alive) than their opponent, then they still net the win.

I just chose 50% randomly, maybe it would work better with 80% which would indicate that one side dominated. I realize though that this opens a new can of worms in where to draw the line.

-insert signature here-