View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2012, 12:47 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Gary, read this, and then this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomo6
Wow, that's quite a thread! (I think the way to think about RotV Drake's grapple gun, given Craig's answers, is that he goes straight up, then over one space.)

I'm left with several questions on falling, though... anyone have any thoughts/answers for the following?

1. Can I fall/jump/be thrown off of a ladder onto the landing space below?

2. Can I fall/jump/be thrown through an opposing figure on my way down?

3. Can I fall/jump/be thrown PART-WAY down a ladder? (I decide to grab on to rung number 7 on my way down.) Would that count as just one move? (So if I had 6 moves, could I take 6 of these fall/hops down a very long ladder?)

4. Can I jump off the ladder and land on a space adjacent to the landing space? If so, I'd take engagement swipes from any opposing figure lower than me on the ladder, right?
(So I go over one space, then straight down, no "going through" anyone. Sort of the reverse of RotV Drake going up.)
No jumping. Jumping is not a mechanic in heroscape. The monks can leap, but that is an ability specific to that unit and the mechanics of the ability are on the card. Same goes for any other movement ability including throwing. Examples of special movement can be found in the castle rulebook (pg. 7). The following answers are for falling only.

1. Yes.

2. No, you can't fall through an opposing figure.

3. No, falling has a specific meaning in heroscape and you can't fall onto a ladder. If a figure is moving down a height equal to or greater than its own height, it is falling. If the height the figure is moving down is less than its height, it is not "falling" and you have to count each rung. No skipping that last 1 or 2 rungs.

4. If you fall off a ladder to a space next to the ladder, you would only take leaving engagement strikes from figures you are engaged to prior to falling. Edit: After reading the answers to the Drake questions better, I have to change my answer. You would take leaving engagement strikes from opposing figures while falling past them.
Haven't find anything to contradict this yet.