View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2020, 01:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Magik - VOTE for Final Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
This is weird and seems only useful occasionally so I want to make sure what's in the SP is actually the intent.

Quote:
STEPPING DISCS 10
Instead of moving normally, you may place Magik on any empty space within 3 spaces of her current position. After moving her in this way, roll 10 combat dice. If X is 3 or less, place Magik on an empty space exactly X spaces away where X is the number of blanks rolled. If X is 4 or greater, your opponent may place Magik X spaces away where X is the number of blanks rolled. When Magik starts to Teleport, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
So you can either take her normal move of 5 or use here 3 space teleport and hope you roll3 or less blanks so you can get a total of 6 move? four or more the opponent moves you that many spaces? Are these reversed. Typically you want to roll high and rolling low has the negative consequences. The risk just doesn't seem worth it except in rare circumstances.
Nope that is the intent. The theme is that she is inexperienced at using the teleport here. Still plenty of use as it is a free disengage. And you are overestimating how often you will roll 4+ blanks I think. Average is closer to 1.
Yeah I get that but how often is a move of 4 with a risk of backfire better than a move of 4. I get the theme and I get the idea and I get the disengage and I get height...I just don't get this. Especially when here one other thing is an adjacent attack. Just seems like a cool idea that won't be used.

But if the LD is fine with it I'm not pushing for a change just stating my opinion.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.