View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: IAmBatman's Design Workshop

Missed this post in my rush to catch up earlier. Reviewing and responding now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
On Heroic Duty:

Normally I consider this basically a negative power compared to all the better defense powers out there. The Power Sword changes the game quite a bit though, as it turns He-Man into something pretty close to pre-fix Jocasta in certain cases. Probably nothing broken though.
Is the vulnerability to special attacks and adjacent normal attacks and wounding powers enough to get around that, though? Do you think it's enough of a concern that making it easier for him to lose the sword (i.e. dropping the two wound requirement) would make sense?

Quote:
On Skeletor:

Is Skeletor supposed to get his Power Obsessed bonus when the Object of Power glyph is power-side up? Cause it doesn't read that way to me at the moment. He's not really equipped with it given it's not an equipment glyph right?
Yes. Good catch. I'll review the wording there.

Quote:
I feel like he should have some kind of 'no dropping/passing' type clause somewhere. Thematically he doesn't seem the type to give away his toys and it will help with balance and future proofing.
Good call here also. I'll look into it. Any current powers with language like that spring to mind to anyone? If not, I'll go diving.

Quote:
The Object of Power bit feels like it will basically only do something when that something is ruin a scenario, but that's out of my jurisdiction I guess (and I certainly don't care what happens to scenario play personally). I'm wondering how he'll shake out in normal play, my guess is he'll just be too fiddly to bother with but Apocalypse will like the new glyph options.
Do any current scenarios use an object of power? If they do, it'd be one that starts on the map, and I think it could easily be FAQ'd that each object of power is unique and the one Skeletor starts with isn't the same thing as the one on the map. But it does open up for if anyone wants to create a scenario for Masters of the Universe and let him basically use the Object of Power as a stand in for some MacGuffin or other. The basic idea was to just give a generic thematic coverall option for his mystical artifact of the week, though, while giving him a bonus that he can't lose as easily as with the others.

As for Apoc and the glyph options, I don't think he'll care any about the Havoc Staff, as it's just a weaker Space Gem. But I could see him being interested in the Spellstone. The instead of attacking should reel it in, though, and if 15+ proves too powerful, we can tweak it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.